Here are some examples of how we work with global clients to help them navigate the complex business issues they face.
Cowan Strategies Sovereign and Representative Case Studies:
Foreign Market Entry
1. Cowan Strategies assisted an American multinational engineering firm in the procurement of multiple government contracts in South America, including but not limited to securing the company’s rights to a key 2016 Olympic Games infrastructure task. CS also served as legal representation for the firm's acquisition prospects.
2. Cowan Strategies partnered with a major foreign construction and engineering company in identifying, vetting, and allying with U.S. port stevedoring companies for new shipping lanes on the Amazon River.
3. Cowan Strategies has experience dealing with multiple large-scale revenue earning energy clients. In one example, CS assisted a Fortune 200 US-based energy corporation in the facilitation of foreign market entry, successfully increasing their profitability.
4. CS counseled a U.S.-based pistachio grower in gaining major foreign market share in China by urging authorities to expropriate trade rights to competitive middle-eastern firm for unfair trade practices. The competition’s product was being colored to fake its actual identity.
5. CS is currently representing a U.S. biotech firm in entering a significant South American market. This includes assistance with developing marketing materials, making introductions to potential partners and customers, arranging seminars for them to demonstrate the efficacy of their product to that country’s universities and help with regulatory compliance.
U.S. Market Entry
1. CS counseled a European company in the procurement of a major contract for a traffic control product in several major U.S. cities in the southwestern region of the country. Well-connected competitors soon intervened, arguing that the European company should not have won the contract because they were foreign. On that basis, the contract was reversed and awarded to a U.S. firm with an inferior product. We put together a media and public relations campaign to reverse the overturn of the contract to the inferior company, and the European company was re-awarded their original position in a major traffic control plan for the cities.
2. CS won a significant expediting grant license and contract approval for mining development for a major foreign mining company wanting to enter the U.S. market, helping the company to overcome major regulatory challenges in the process.
3. CS facilitated the procurement of a major military opportunity for a Fortune 100 U.S. defense manufacturing company. The government contract permitted the design and manufacturing of a fighter aircraft for a foreign nation.
4. CS assisted a major foreign aerospace conglomerate in winning a contract with a branch of the U.S. military. The contract was initially fought on the grounds that a foreign company did not deserve to produce for the U.S. military. We represented the company by helping demonstrate their soundness and stability, as well as product superiority, and also helped the company to establish a U.S. subsidiary. The contract was ultimately awarded to the foreign conglomerate.
5. CS represented a global arms company competing for a major U.S. defense procurement contract. In this, CS assisted in overcoming objections to a foreign company supplying the U.S. military, and facilitated the establishment of a major assembly facility in the greater D.C.-Metropolitan area.
7. CS procured high tech firm’s contract with the U.S. government for the large-scale manufacturing of identification documents.
8. CS hosted a competition between states to assist an auto maker in identifying a prime location for the construction of a plant, in order to successfully compete in various U.S. states.
1. CS represented a U.S.-based mine owned by a foreign company to numerous regulatory and legislative bodies in the U.S. government, including the executive branch departments of Agriculture, Interior, and the Environmental Protection Agency.
2. CS took on as a client a Fortune 100 U.S. aircraft manufacturing company that was facing OSHA accusations. With CS’ help, they were able to successfully eliminate all willful violations against them.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us by phone, email or fill out the form below.